Cookie Sale Managers
With cookie season upon us, I’ve been investigating the cookie selling process. People in the know (you know who you are!) have advised me to make sure I get a Troop Cookie Sale Manager. Two moms have volunteered! I found a job description for the role and talked to the product sales people at my council to find out about cookie sale training, which is planned for the beginning of February.
Below, I’ve shared the best description of the cookie sale manager job that I found (thank you Manitou Council!).
Position: TROOP COOKIE SALE MANAGER
- Community Cookie Sale Manager
- To assure that girls in the troop carry out the cookie sale in an enthusiastic, safe, timely and accurate manner.
Term of Appointment
- Recruited and appointed by the troop advisor for the term of one cookie sale period.
- Complete troop cookie sale manager training
- Be accountable for all troop monies collected from cookie sale.
- Follow procedures as outlined in the “Troop Cookie Managers Procedures”.
- Attend a troop meeting prior to the sale to help the girls set a troop goal and to provide safety, sales, program and ordering information and again after the sale to assist them in completing the cookie sale evaluation.
- Cookie Sale Parent Permission forms until after all money is collected from the girls. Collect and retain copies of original signed.
- Record all sales in e-budde cookie sale online ordering system by the deadline dates.
- Ensure for the distribution of awards and program credits to the girls in an accurate and timely manner.
- Responsible for depositing all monies owed for girl sales into the COUNCIL bank account by established deadline date.
- Assist the council in clearing outstanding, overdue balances from the troop or individual girls.
- Become a member of the Girl Scouts of the USA and subscribe to the mission of Girl Scouting.
- New volunteers provide the names of two references and agree to a background check.
- Must have e-mail address.
As Troop 40072 gets ready to sell cookies, I’d like to know: What are your best tips for the cookie sales? How do you prepare yourself and your troop for the cookie sale?