- What courses are offered at Macy?
- How long is my class?
- How many people are registered for the class?
- What time does the class end?
- Will there be a free time?
- Do you have an agenda?
- Can I leave early?
- Who is the instructor?
- How much does it cost for a room?
- Are meals included?
- Will I be charged if I cancel?
- Can my Girl Scout troop stay at Camp Andre Clark? How much will it cost? What amenities are available?
- When can I make my travel arrangements?
- Will someone pick us up at the airport?
- How much is it to be picked up at the airport?
- Which airport is the closest to Macy?
- How far is Macy from the airport?
- Do you have driving directions?
- Did you receive my accommodation/transportation form?
- When will I receive confirmation of my registration?
- Where do I find the registration form?
- What is my course code?
- Once I complete my registration form, where do I send it?
- How do I know you’ve received my registration?
- How do I know if I’m registered in a course that it won’t be canceled?
- Are we moving to an online registration system? And will it be safe to enter my credit-card information?
- What financial assistance is available for councils to support adult learning? What’s Grants for Study?
- My course was canceled. How do I get my refund?
- I was just informed that I am on a wait-list for a course. I already bought my NONREFUNDABLE airline ticket! Can you help me?
- I haven’t yet been reimbursed for travel expenses. How do I find out what’s going on?
A: We offer courses for staff and volunteers in different areas such as Asset Management, Fund Development, Communications, Executive Development, Membership, Girl Scout Merchandise/Council Shops, Performance & Learning, Program, Volunteer Development, and a few computer-based membership courses. We also offer special conferences for volunteers with an emphasis on the outdoors and the arts.
A: Our courses run 1½ to 4½ days in length with 3½ being the most common length. Usually the class starts at 9 a.m. on day one. Sometimes the days can be long – running from 9 a.m. until 9 p.m. – but you’ll always be engaged!
A: It depends on the size of the class. There is usually a minimum of 10 to confirm the class and it could go up to 20 or more participants.
A: Classes usually end at noon.
A: There may be free time on one of the evenings of the course; you will receive that information in your pre-course mailing.
A: The instructor will send out an agenda with the pre-course mailing.
A: That is up to the instructor.
A: Instructors vary depending on the course.
A: Single rooms are $275 per night depending on availability; double rooms are $175 per night. Room rates are subject to change, so please call Macy at 914-945-8000 for the most current rates.
A: Yes, meals are included in the price of your stay.
A: Yes, you will be charged the equivalent of one night’s stay.
A: Please call Macy directly at 914-945-8000 for full details on camp accommodations.
A: Travel arrangements should only be made after you have received confirmation from GSUSA.
A: Macy will make arrangements for transportation to/from the airport. Please call Macy to confirm pickup at 914-945-8000.
A: It depends how many people are sharing a ride. Please be aware that the cost of the pickup is added to your folio at Macy and can be paid at the end of your stay.
A: Newark and LaGuardia are about the same distance from Macy; the airport in White Plains is the closest.
A: The closest airport, the Westchester County (or White Plains) Airport, is 25 minutes away. LaGuardia Aiport is 45 minutes, and JFK Airport is 1 hour away. Newark Airport in New Jersey is 1 hour and 15 minutes away.
A: Yes, you can find them on the forms page.
A: You should have sent your accommodations/transportation form to Macy. Please call Macy at 914-945-8000 to confirm receipt of the form.
Registration and Payment Questions
A: You will receive information when the course is confirmed and when a course has reached the minimum number of required registrants.
A: You can find the registration form on the forms page. You can fax completed registrations to 212-852-6514, which is a dedicated fax machine for course registrations only.
A: The code depends on the course, and it changes yearly. You can find the code in your registration materials.
A: You can send it in by mail or by fax.
Girl Scouts of the USA
420 Fifth Avenue,
New York, NY 10018
By fax: 212-852-6514
A: As soon as a registration is received and entered into our system, you will receive a letter acknowledging receipt of your registration.
A: We can never truly know if a course will be canceled. There are many factors that can contribute to a course being canceled. You can check the status of a course by calling 212-852-5732.
A: Yes, online registration should be up and running shortly; please check back here periodically for updates. It will be completely safe to use your credit card.
A: Grants for Study is a program that allows council and GSUSA staff to gain knowledge and skills to enable them to carry out the responsibilities of their positions with increasing competence and satisfaction.
A: Please contact us by calling 212-852-5732.
A: We always advise registrants to wait until they receive confirmation before purchasing airline tickets. If you have purchased your airline ticket and are told you are on a waiting list for a course, we will try to transfer you to the next available course. Unfortunately, any charges associated with changing dates of travel are the responsibility of the individual course participant.
A: Please call 212-852-5732.